How does Kinesio tape work?
There are a number of theories on how kinesio tape works and these are still being studied today:
- Splints – Kinesio tape splints and prevents the injured structures from undergoing as much motion. This therefore allows for less stress on the taped structure/s. Overtime, this decrease in stress allows for healing to occur.
- Decompresses the tissue layers – when applied, kinesio tape helps lift the skin and decompresses the fascial layers. This allows for greater flow and drainage of lymphatic fluid and subsequently increases the removal of metabolic waste products. This is especially important as it helps clear waste products from chronically inflamed areas.
Precautions in use:
- Please clean the skin and remove any dirt and dust before applying the tape
- Ensure the skin is dry before application
- If itching results or rashes appear, immediately stop using and consult your doctor
- Do not apply directly to wounds or open cuts
Keep away from infants and store away from direct sunlight and moisture
Green, Pink, Red, Beige, Orange, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Purple, Yellow, Black